[tweetmeme]This week I will lead a number of presentations and discussions at the Global Forum on Technology and Innovation in Teaching and Leading in Dubai. One of the topics I will discuss is, “How to build effective online education communities”. If you manage an online education community or are interested in starting one, I welcome you to read through the presentation above!
Looking forward to discussing online education communities on Wednesday! Feedback and comments are welcome!
Founder, Bon Education
Originally posted on the Curriki blog.
[tweetmeme]As an addendum to 10 Ways to Support OERs via Social Media, I thought it would be nice to write a follow-up post on how to keep up with open education news. If you are a fan of OER or OER curious, here are a few ways to stay “in the know”:
- Google alerts – Set Google alerts for terms like “open education,” “open education resources,” and “OER” to have the latest and greatest OER news delivered to your inbox as-it-happens, daily, or weekly.
- Twitter search – Search for #OER to see what people are saying about OER now!
- Trusted tweeters – Follow OER tweeters like:
- OER bloggers – Add OER blogs to your RSS reader! Here are a few to start with:
- Curriki’s blog – FYI we blog about OER content on Mondays and OER news on Fridays!
- Open Education News – For an up-to-the minute play-by-play on all things OER, this blog is a must-read!
- OpenSource.com – Read our review of the site here.
- OER Conferences – Digital discussions are great, but what about meeting the people behind the alerts, tweets, and blog posts?! Here are a few upcoming conferences in which OERs will be discussed!
- The Global Forum on Technology and Innovation in Teaching and Leading (Dubai, UAE, April 15-17, 2010)
- The 8th COMMUNIA Workshop – Education and the Public Domain: The Emergence of a Shared Educational Commons (Istanbul, Turkey, April 19-20, 2010)
- University Leadership: Bringing Technology-Enabled Education to Learners of All Ages (Massachusetts (MIT), USA, May 23-26, 2010)
- ISTE 2010 (Colorado, USA, Jun 27-30, 2010) – Make sure to check out the Open Source Lab!
- Open Ed 2010 – (Barcelona, Spain, November 2-4, 2010)
Gotta love OER Fridays!