Wow! The month of April flew by with hardly an extra moment to blog on Literacy is Priceless! This has been an incredible month between:
- Hosting my mom (an amazing Spanish teacher) on her very first trip to the Middle East! ¡Viva Dubai!
- Attending the Gulf Comparative Education Symposium in Ras al Khaimah, UAE
- Presenting on How to Build Online Education Communities and OERs (like Curriki) at the Global Forum on Technology and Innovation in Teaching and Leading in Dubai, UAE
- Participating on a panel about OERs in the Middle East and giving OER policy recommendations to the EU at the 8th Communia Workshop in Istanbul, Turkey
- Creating and leading a 3-day workshop with my amazing co-leader Chris titled, “Innovating with Microsoft Tools” for Microsoft and the Bahrain Ministry of Education in Manama, Bahrain
- Helping prepare the Gulf region finalists for the Microsoft Imagine Cup
- Leading the 21st Century Teaching Scholarship Program for the Sheikh Saud bin Saqr al Qasimia Foundation in Ras al Khaimah, UAE
Now that I have a moment to sit down and write, I want to extend a huge thank you to Online University Reviews for including Literacy is Priceless on their list of 50 Best Blogs for Literacy Teachers. This is definitely a list to bookmark! In particular, make sure to check out two of my favorites on the list:
- Larry Ferlazzo’s Website of the Day – This practical blog is a must read for ELL teachers and education technology enthusiasts alike. Larry is also an amazing edutweeter @Larryferlazzo.
- Grammar Girl – When do you use who versus whom? Lay versus lie? Effect versus affect? We all need @GrammarGirl!
To great travel, interesting education conferences and literacy!
Founder, Bon Education
Bon’s on Facebook!