“The advent of the Web brings the ability to disseminate high-quality materials at almost no cost, leveling the playing field…We’re changing the culture of how we think about knowledge and how it should be shared and who are the owners of knowledge.“ Cathy Casserly, Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
This week we put together a list of our favorite Open Education Resources on the Bon Education website.
For those of you that are new to OERs…
Wikipedia defines OERs as “educational materials and resources offered freely and openly for anyone to use and under some licenses to re-mix, improve and redistribute.”
Our OER page contains:
- A definition and explanation of OERs
- Links and descriptions of great OERs (by grade level)
- Stories about how people around the world are using OERs
- Information on OERs and copyrights
- Quotes from major education movers and shakers on the impact of OERs and technology in general on education
Take a look! We hope you will enjoy the resources and information presented! Let us know if there are any resources that you think should be added to the list.